|15+ Essential Tips for civil engineers regarding quality of construction|
How to Define Quality in Construction?
Quality can be defined as meeting the legal, aesthetic and functional requirements of a project. Requirements may be simple or complex, or they may be stated in terms of the end result required or as a detailed description of what is to be done. But, however expressed, quality is obtained if the stated requirements are adequate, and if the completed project conforms to the requirements.
In the construction industry, quality can be defined as meeting the requirements of the designer, constructor and regulatory agencies as well as the owner.
|Civil Engineers Working on site|
Legal Definition of Quality
Law defines quality in terms of professional liability, a legal concept that requires all professionals to know their trade and practice it responsibly. Every architect and engineer who offers his or her expertise to owners is subject to professional liability laws.
What to do in quality of construction?
|Quality of Construction|
|Maintaining the quality of construction during working|
2. Chair Spacing maximum spacing is 1.00 m or 1 No per 1 square meter
3. For dowels rod minimum of 12 mm diameter should be used
4. Chairs minimum of 12 mm diameter bars to be used.
5. Longitudinal reinforcement not less than 0.85 and more then 6% of Gross cross sectional area.
6. Minimum bars for square column is 4 No’s and 6 No’s for circular column.
7. Main bars in the slabs shall not be less than 8 mm High Yield Strength Deformed Steel or 10 mm (Plain Bars) and the distributors not less than 8 mm and not more than 1/8 of slab thickness.
8. Minimum thickness of slab is 125 mm.
9. Dimension tolerance for cubes + 2 mm.
10. Free fall of concrete is allowed maximum to 1.50 m.
11. Lap slices not be used for bar larger than 36 mm.
12. Water absorption of bricks should not be more than 15 %.
13. PH value of the what should not e less than 6
14. Compression strength of Bricks is 3.5N / square millimeter
15. In Steel reinforcement binding wire required is 8 kg Per MT.
16. In Soil filling as per IS Code, 3 samples should be taken for core cutting test for every 100 square meter.
Other People are searching for;
- quality of construction q4
- quality of construction materials
- quality of construction rating
- quality of construction bpo
- quality of construction appraisal
- quality of construction q3 q4
- quality of construction q3
- current digest construction
15+ Essential Tips for Civil Engineers regarding quality of construction
Hurry Up !!! - Just join the 10k+ fans of ours on Facebook and get real updates Iamcivilengineer