Structural Analysis and Design (STAAD) is also some time referred as STAAD Pro. For Professional.
As the name suggests it is a design computer program that deals with the designing of structure beams steel or concrete or any other material. Generally STAAD and ETABS runs parallel with each other in design; it is used to do framing of the architectural drawing that is obtained from the architect, to determine the loading combinations; then the position of beams columns is decided after which their dimensions and steel requirement is calculated and checked by STAAD.
STAAD works both ways if you give dimensions and steel percentages, it will analyze your structure and at the end even give you recommendations for the improvement in design.
STAAD was developed by Research Engineers International in 2005 which was bought by Bentley Systems. From construction market point of view STAAD pro is one of the most widely used software for the analysis and design of structures.
It is used for both static and dynamic analysis as well considering the earthquake shaking etc. STAAD is well integrated with other softwares as well; like RAM connection and STAAD foundation design software.
What is the Use of STAAD.Pro in civil engineering
STAAD.Pro allows structural engineers to analyze and design virtually any type of structure through its flexible modeling environment, advanced features and fluent data collaboration.
Technically speaking STAAD principally uses the finite element modeling techniques. AUTOCAD is utilized for preparing plans, sections and detail drawings for design, manufacturing and construction. Besides civil works, it is used for preparing drawings in many fields including architecture, mechanical and electrical components.
Some Features of STAAD.Pro
• “Concurrent Engineering” based user environment for model development, analysis, design, visualization and verification.
- Object-oriented intuitive 2D/3D graphic model generation.
- Pull down menus, floating toolbars, tool tip help.
- Flexible Zoom and multiple views.
- Isometric and perspective views 3D shapes.
- Built-in Command File Editor.
- Simple Command Language.
- Graphics/Text input generation.
- State-of-the-art Graphical Pre and Post Processor.
- Rectangular/Cylindrical Coordinate Systems.
- Joint, Member/Element, Mesh Generation with flexible user-controlled numbering.
- Efficient algorithm minimizes disk space requirements.
- FPS, Metric or SI units.
- Presentation quality printer plots of Geometry and Results as part of run output.
- Compatible with Win95/98/NT
- On-line manual and context sensitive help
Before you start STAAD Pro V8i free download, make sure your PC meets minimum system requirements.
- Memory (RAM): 512MB of RAM required.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Processor: 2GHz Intel processor or higher.
- Hard Disk Space: 500MB of free space required.
How to Install?
The following sections outline the installation procedure for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Bentley IEG License Service folder.
- Step 2: Run setup.exe with administrator privileges.
- Step 3: Install the additional setup file in the STAAD v8i Pro folder.
- Step 4: Copy the “bentley.liclib.dll” file from the Crack folder.
- Step 5: Paste the file in “C:\Program Files\Common Files\BentleyShared\IEG\IEGLCS” and confirm the replacement.
- Step 6: Double click the “Lic-Windows7” file in the ‘Crack Spro2007-V8i’ folder. Confirm the registry addition.
- Step 7: Run STAAD Pro from the desktop shortcut.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully install and activate STAAD Pro, unlocking its full potential for your structural design projects. For a deeper understanding of STAAD Pro and its applications in civil engineering, explore our post on “What Is STAAD Pro And Its Use In Civil Engineering.”
The software name and its logo is the trademark of respective owner, we here on iamcivilengineer doesn’t host the software neither uploaded it we are just sharing here the links to download; and are just for sharing it for student and education purpose; if you have any problem about this link or software you can contact us via contact us page or email at [email protected]
I hope you will like this sharing; stay tuned for the remaining updates about this topic; and don’t forget to share it to your friend and buddies on facebook, twitter and linkedin.