Geotech engineers device under reamed pile foundation in areas where black cotton soil could cause structural instability. So in this post I would discuss about situations when to use under reamed pile foundation and different types as well.
Many times during soil exploration, geotech engineers have to face soils that are very likely to undergo volumetric changes due to moisture variation underneath the ground surface.
This expansion and shrinkage can cause distress which is very dangerous and critical as far as bearing of the foundation is concerned.
Types of Under reamed Pile Foundation
- Precast under-reamed piles ,
- Cast-in-situ under-reamed piles
- machine foundation,
- over bridges foundation,
- electrical transmission tower foundation
- sand water tanks
- Ratio between piles distance to Diameter of under-reamed bulbs (S/Du)
- Ration between Piles distance to diameter of pile (s/d)