Final Year is always been a fun and challenging time especially if you are an undergraduate student. You have so many fields to choose from and as a civil engineering there are alot of fields you can choose and still you don\’t know in which field you will get your income from; in this respect there is alot of question about the ideas of the final year project; in some civil engineering universities this final year project has a very solid importance; and as after your graduation the companies in the interview of a job will question about your final year project; and if your final year project is up-to-mark and is very valuable for the company and the community; there are fair chances that you will get the job done; here is a list of some topics for final year project ideas relating t:
|80 Final Year Project Ideas for Civil Engineering Students|
We have enlisted the different final year project ideas for various subjects of civil engineering as under :-
- Geo-technical Engineering Projects
- Structural Engineering Projects
- Construction Management Projects
- Hydraulics & Water Resources Projects
- Environmental Engineering Projects
- Material Engineering Projects
- Transportation Engineering Projects
- Surveying Projects
- Steps for your Civil Engineering Final year project Execution you must follow
- Sell your Final Year Project Report and Earn
- Creative Ideas for Civil Engineering Projects
- Civil Engineering Project Topics Pdf
Let me make this clear to you that this “Final year project ideas” is not only enlist the ideas that you might work on for a better chance to get started but we’ll definitely discussing the tested strategies for success in Final Year Project that will work for you, right in the most imperative phase of your career as a civil engineer.
So this added features and strategies will absolutely make you WOO and love this guide. So without wasting any time let’s drive in.
Let me tell you about me and my experienced team so that you wouldn’t get hesitate while following the step by step guide in your Final year Project. I and my team have been helping out dozens of students and entrepreneurs in planning and managing their construction and civil engineering relevant projects from scratch to hi-fi project presentations in seminars and open houses.
Firstly, let me make this clear to you that;
NEVER ever look your Final year Project just as a mean of getting your graduation degree
ALTHOUGH you, at this very moment, will just want to get your degree and invade the world of your subject.
BUT you must think this as other way i.e. an opportunity to implement whatever you have learned in your years of student-ship. Likewise, your first step in the practical world.
Steps for your Civil Engineering Final year project Execution you must follow
Working for your Final year Project is not a hectic and boring routine and you must not take this for-granted. Take this as an exciting opportunity and try to develop interest by concentrating on the topics of your taste.
Before we let you see the secret list of success in Final Year Projects, let’s take a look at the steps you should adopt for your success in the FYP.
Our senior Editorial team mate has defined a simple 4 step process for success of any Final year project and this is CPDP.
So what is this CPDP?
That’s simple it means = Choose – Plan – Document – Present
The 60% success of your FYP depends on how good you perform in the first two steps. Choosing a very informative and market-driven research in your field without planning would ruin your entire struggle as well as the money of the sponsored individual.
1. Know the Requirements
Try to study the needs and demands of your area or locality before choosing the topic for your Final Year Project. Why??? Because you not only want to perform well in Final Year Project but also want to attract and catch the eyes of professionals in the construction industry of your area so you might have a chance to get your first employment even when you haven’t got the final transcript from your institute.
2. Prioritize your Area of Interest
I don’t know much about the options in other engineering disciplines but as far as civil engineering is concerned. We are working in many styles = like a design engineer work in a sophisticated tie-and-shirt sort of environment which is same for a planning engineer or a contract engineer but for a site engineer, foreman or persons involved in execution of work at site are living in a rough-and-tough sort of environment where they are unable to wear branded shirts etc. So be wise for your selection and once you made it you must have to own it.
Why would anyone like to go out at site and live rough-and-tough? I know you’re asking that but believe me or not I have met dozens of Construction experts which love challenges and want to work on front ends like a soldier. So If you are among the one who want the other thing around than you must select the topic that involves practical approach at site rather than doing calculation and generating results on your Laptop or PC.
3. Collaboration is the key to success
Most of the institutes at graduation level requires you to select two or three classmates as your group mates for Final Year Project which would be leading by a mentor or supervisor. So after that you have a team you should collaborate to? It is also an important factor because if you select individuals that are of mediocre nature in studies but are excellent in terms of ideas and good at communication skills you should not leave them because every human have some God gifted qualities which you could utilize for your favors.
So try to collaborate give feed back to your team mates and take their feedback and have a healthy discussion on weekly basis about the progress of your Projects.
4. Document the Bible of your Final Year Project
Do you know why most of the brands out there have employed highly paid marketing professionals? Because that is the key for their success. They invest in what would bring back the dollars to their pockets.
Documentation at all stages of the project is very important task that might be laborious or boring at times but I personally know a lot of students getting bad grades in their Final Year Project just because of the bad communication skills and bad presentation of the thesis after the FYP evaluation board members.
So from above discussion let me give you a gust of what we know now; The most important part of the Final year project in project execution phase is project planning phase or what is called as project initiation phase so after knowing the requirements of the area, your field of interest, your career prospects you decide the topic for your final year project.
Than move towards project execution phase and collect what work has already done in your selected topic or niche, review all that data and try to figure out what new or innovative you can produce. After that again a very important step is project documentation.
So follow these steps and guidelines we guarantee that you would be going to rock the world with the ideas and themes of your project.
Final Year Project Ideas for Civil Engineering Students
- Soil Stabilization
- Stabilization of soil for bricks Puddled with organic Materials
- Ground Water Inventory
- Soil distribution and engineering problems
- Low Cost Grain Storage Structure = Special thanks to Mr. Singh for inclusion = This is a very useful and competitive topic for subcontinent where majority of the Grain is stored in ingenuous Storage frame work so if you could give some suggestions on how to make it low cost you can get some good grades.
Structural & Earthquake Engineering Projects
- Study of Traditional Housing Practices
- Reinforced Roofing Sheets
- Planning and designing of Low cost school buildings
- Low cost Grain Storage Sturcture
- Investigation on fibre reinforced roofing system
- Low Cost Grain Storage Structures
- Operational Research in buildings
- Design of Flour Mill Effluent Treatment Plant.
- Improvement of jute fiber through ultraviolet-cured films of urethane acrylate
Abstract : Hessian cloth made with jute fibers were coated with formulated solutions of urethane acrylate in combination with different monomers and were cured under UV radiation. Though plasticizers decrease the tensile properties of the UV-cured films but they substantially enhance both tensile strength by 80% and elongation of the coated hessian cloths by more than 300%.
Engineering & Construction Management Projects
- Time and Motion Study on Road Construction Techniques
- Labor Optimization in Earth Work
- Fatigue of Human Labour in earth work
- Engineering study of a Traditional Industry
- Master plan for a Rural Settlement
- Block wise studies of rural houses
- Six Sigma possibilities in building construction
- Engineering and natural resources study of a village
Hydraulics & Water Resources Projects
- Desilting of Tanks
- Minor Irrigation Tanks
- Restoration of an irrigation Tank
- Automatic Flow regulation for Canal – Tank Sluice
- Performance study of irrigation centrifugal pumps
- Hyrdogeological investigation, ground water quality and aquifer parameters
- Development of rainfall runoff relationship for small catchments
- Development and use of unit hydrograph
- Theoretical and experimental studies of flow in canal bends
- Qualitative analysis of irrigation water
Public Health & Environmental Engineering Projects
- Rain Water collection and Storage
- Village Sanitation System
- Studies on Black Cotton Soil Mixed Copper Mines Wastes
- Bio Gas Plant with Ferro Cement Gas Holder
- Use of different Organic Wastes for production of bio gas
- Critical Study of Augmentation Water Supply Scheme
- Rural Water supply
- Ground water potential and problems
- Drinking water quality standards in and around a city
- Evaluation of ground water resources and assessment of quality and its impact on dewellers and crop yeild
- Air pollution
Material Engineering Projects
- Ferro Cement Grain Silos
- Low Cost Roof Tiles
- Lime Stabilized soil Blocks
- Strength of Country Brick Walls laid in mud mortar
- Investigation on Low Cost Roofing Units
- Ferro Cement Roofing Materials
- Study of Unburnt Bricks
- Wall Panels for Low cost Houses
- Low Cost Light weight Roofing Tiles
- Study on strength of compacted mud walls
- Critical Study of Locally available materials for the manufacture of bricks
- Low Cost School Building
- Low Cost roofing Tiiles
- Low Cost Stablized Earth Bricks
- Strength Characteristics of Surkhi Mortar
- Tests on Pozzolana Mixtures
- Some studies on sisal Fibre Reinforced cement Aggregate Composites
- Erosion Resistance studies on stablized mud blocks
- Erosion Resistance studies on stabilized brick blocks
- Steel fibre reinforced cement concrete
- Precast Stone Block Masonary
- Investigation on nylo fibre Reinforced roofing units
- Lime Stabilized Bricks
- For Soil bricks subjected to accelerated weathering conditions
- Mechanical properties of coirfibre reinforced cement composites
- Rammed Earth Walls
- Reinforced brick panel
- Investigation of strength and cementation value of available lime and artificial hydraulic lime
- Potential of superplasticisers in concrete practice
- Bond strength of bundled high yeild strength deforced bars
- Some studies on the flow characterstic of super plasticised concrete
- Slump and strength characteristics of super plasticized concrete
Transportation Engineering Projects
- Study of Transportation needs in rural and semi – urban areas
- Road Re Alignment
- Evaluation of uneven pavement surface
Surveying & leveling Projects
- Total station surveying
Wait…. That\’s Not All
Yes I know you want more and I know the list of these Final Year Project Ideas is not complete but We have surprise for you. If you think that You are not able to select the best topic for your Final year Project of Civil Engineering than you can tell us and we would be helping you in selecting the best topic by consoling your interest and demands. Just hit a mail here at [email protected] and thats all.
I have received hundreds of emails inquiring about \”innovative Project Ideas\”, \”new and Inspiring Project Ideas\” so the students are actually trying to find something brand new, some concepts or technologies that have not been done before. Actually the advancements and innovations in Construction & Civil Engineering industry is following the same speedy trend as other disciplines of engineering and Technology.
I have, for all of those who are searching for \”New Ideas in civil engineer\”, written a comprehensive article about the recent innovations and ideas that are in Construction and Civil Engineering. You can follow the link below: (Don\’t worry it will open in new window so can run back to this page for your further planning)
- Top Technological Innovations in Civil Engineering during Year 2017
- NEW !!! ~ Cheap bricks from Waste – An innovative Idea for Civil Engineering
Sale your Final Year Project Reports on Iamcivilengineer
Creative Ideas for Civil Engineering Projects
So if you’re looking for some “creative ideas for civil engineering projects” or if you are going to organize an event or drill in your institute for enhancing the learning capability of civil engineering students than this section is dedicated for you. In my university life we have organized a lot of events for augmenting the interest of students in construction field and some events were just to provide awareness relevant to different problems or complications.
In such events the main objective is to be creative i.e. allow them to create from their inner skills which will enhance their engineered aptitude thereby uplifting their confidence for a professional career ahead. Upcycled Suspension Bridge Engineering Project – You can allow the participants to use small scale stationary and general waste materials like tissue roll cardboards, old CDs / DVDs, Strings and threads, match box sticks etc to prepare a bridge for carrying load keeping in view the aesthetics.
Student Bridge Building Competition – This is a very famous creative project ideas where students are provided with a waterway on which they have to build a physical bridge (not a model) which can allow two people to stand in the center of the span and then cross the bridge safety without having any structure failure. But in all such things it is required to keep the self-weight as low as possible; the lightest bridge without failure is made the winner of this project.
Popsicle Stick bridge Project Competition – In this project the students are required to create a simple truss bridge with a defined span and height limitations. The bridge would be tested by a certain amount of fixed load and in case of success withstanding the team won. Spaghetti Truss Bridge Project Competition – In this competition the students would be provided with spaghetti and hot glue to make a truss bridge by joining the spaghetti sticks. The strength of the bridge designed would be tested by attaching a bucket having measured amount of sand in layer – the group with highest ratio of bridge weight vs. load weight would be the winner.
Toothpick Towers Project Competition – In this competition the students are provided with toothpicks and are required to make a tower with glue as high as possible without any tilt or defect. The team with highest toothpick tower will be the winner.
Civil Engineering Project Topics Pdf
Downloading the pdf version of various civil engineering projects and getting a guideline will definitely help you in preparing your own civil engineering project reports. Websites like 1000projects.org or crazyengineers.com or thesis123.com or even scribd.com are some ideal portals for finding the pdf versions of various projects and thesis.
We are also sharing from time to time the pdf version of different thesis for civil engineering final year projects of all subjects. You can download those pdf files from our portal which you can access for free and by paying a minimal amount.