|Site Engineer Important Points to remember: Dreamstime.com|
- Lapping is not allowed for the bars having diameters more than 36 mm.
- Chair Spacing Maximum spacing is 1.00 m (or) 1 No per 1m2
- For Dowels rod minimum of 12 mm diameter should be used.
- Chairs minimum of 12 mm diameter bars to be used.
- Longitudinal reinforcement not less than 0.8% and more than 6% of gross C/S.
- Minimum bars of square column is 4 No’s and 6 No’s for circular column.
- Main bars in the slabs shall not be less than 8 mm (HYSD) or 10 mm (Plain Bars) and the distributors not less than 8 mm and not more than 1/8 of slab thickness.
- Minimum thickness of slab is 125 mm.
- Dimension tolerance for cubes + 2 mm.
- Free fall of concrete is allowed maximum to 1.50 m.
- Lap slice not to be used for bar larger than 36 mm.
- Water absorption of bricks should not be more than 15 %.
- PH value of water should not be less than 6.
- Compressive strength of Bricks is 3.5 N/mm2
- In steel reinforcement binding wire required is 8 kg per MT.
- In soil filling as per IS code, 3 samples should be taken for core cutting test for every 100 m2.
Hurry Up !!! - Just join the 10k+ fans of ours on Facebook and get real updates Iamcivilengineer
10+ Important Points for Civil Site Engineers to Remember: