During the Primavera running process or mostly due to computer crash due to power supply failure or any similar issue you got an error in Primavera P6 regarding connection to database PMDB,
PMDB is Project Management Database that is connected via Microsoft SQL Server (PRIMAVERA). What happens due to computer or PC crash this service gets stopped and PM can’t run this service on its own and thus you have to run this service;
|Unable to Connect to the database. Would you like to configure the database connection now?
1) After getting the error “Unable to connect to the database. Would you like to configure the database connection now?” just hit “NO” click Cancel in the Login to Primavera Window and close the application;
2) Go to the location;
C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Microsoft SQL Server 2005\\Configuration Tools
|Run SQL Server Configuration manager (Click to enlarge)
3) And run the SQL Server Configuration Manager as shown;
|SQL Server Configuration Manager (Click to Enlarge)
4) Select SQL 2005 Service from the left you will see SQL Server (Primavera) having red status symbol shown on the server showing the service is stopped,
5) Right click the SQL Server (Primavera) and click Start the Service and wait for the service to get started.
|Run the SQL Server (Primavera) (Click to Enlarge)
|Run the Service and Your are done (Click to Enlarge)
6) Now run the Primavera and you are done,
If you have any further queries just contact us via [email protected]