Surveying is basic to engineering.
Before any engineering work can be started we must prepare a plan or map of the area showing topographical details. This involves both horizontal and vertical measurements.
Engineering surveying is defined as
“those activities involved in the planning and execution of surveys for the location, design, construction, operation and maintenance of civil and other engineering projects. “
The surveying activities are;
- Preparation of surveys and related mapping specifications
- Execution of photogrammetric and field surveys for the collection of required data including topographic and hydrographic data.
- Calculation, reduction and plotting of survey data for use in engineering design.
- Design and provision of horizontal and vertical control survey networks.
- Provision of line and grade and other layout for construction and mining activities.
Title of the Book
Fundamentals of Surveying
Author of the Book
Contents of the Book
- Errors in Measurement
- Measurement of Horizontal Distances
- Electronic Distance Measurements
- Permanent Adjustments of Levels
- Angles and Directions
- Compass Survey
- Traverse survey and computations
- Vertical curves
- Areas and Volumes
- Plane table surveying
- Topographical survey
- Construction surveying
- Underground surveys
- Computer programs in surveying
Download fundamentals of Surveying by S.K. Roy
This Book is available to download for our Bronze, Silver & Gold Level members, you can simply click the button below to signup / login for your Membership and download the book now. Our membership portal is fully automated and secured (connection encrypted) which will just take few seconds after signup. Our membership cost is as low as $5.00 per month. After just click of payment button your download will be ready.