Surveying is basic to engineering.
Before any engineering work can be started we must prepare a plan or map of the area showing topographical details. This involves both horizontal and vertical measurements.
|Download Fundamentals of Surveying by S.K. Roy|
Engineering surveying is defined as
\”those activities involved in the planning and execution of surveys for the location, design, construction, operation and maintenance of civil and other engineering projects. \”
The surveying activities are;
- Preparation of surveys and related mapping specifications
- Execution of photogrammetric and field surveys for the collection of required data including topographic and hydrographic data.
- Calculation, reduction and plotting of survey data for use in engineering design.
- Design and provision of horizontal and vertical control survey networks.
- Provision of line and grade and other layout for construction and mining activities.
Title of the Book
Fundamentals of Surveying
Author of the Book
Contents of the Book
- Errors in Measurement
- Measurement of Horizontal Distances
- Electronic Distance Measurements
- Permanent Adjustments of Levels
- Angles and Directions
- Compass Survey
- Traverse survey and computations
- Vertical curves
- Areas and Volumes
- Plane table surveying
- Topographical survey
- Construction surveying
- Underground surveys
- Computer programs in surveying