- Drive cylinder
- Detachable drive head
- Drive hammer
- Weighing balance
- Drying oven
- Shovel for digging out cylinder
- Steel straightedge
- Container for moisture content determination
|Preparation of Surface|
- Level the surface of test location and brush clean of loose particles.
- Give a light coating of motor oil on drive and place on the leveled soil surface.
- Seat the drive head on the cylinder. Drive the cylinder in to the soil by hammering until the top of the cylinder is about 12 mm (0.5 in), below the surface.
- Remove the drive head and dug out the cylinder from the ground. Trim off the excess soil with straightedge such that the soil is flush with the ends of cylinder.
- Determine the weight of cylinder and sample.
- Remove the sample from the cylinder and determine moisture content of the soil.
- Determine the empty weight of cylinder
|Tamping the soil container into the soil|
Here is a gift for our users; with the help of this Online Field Density Calculator you can perform all the calculations involved as shown above online; To view the calculator visit the link as shown below :-