|Concrete pouring in Cold Weather|
- Keep water – Cement ratio on lower side as much as workable.
- Transport concrete mix by covered transit mixers.
- Use hot water for mixing concrete at the batching plant.
- Keep formwork insulated by wood liner.
- Prior to pouring concrete was concrete surface and re-bars hot water.
- Maximize resources to quickly complete concrete pouring exercise by using more transport equipment.
- Cover the concrete immediately after pouring with proper insulating sheet.
- Keep formwork for longer time. Assure that concrete develops sufficient strength for safe removal of forms.
- Strip the formwork during rising temperature.
- Observe temperature of concrete at all steps.
- Vertical day joint in concrete in cold weather.
- The large quantity involving more than 200 m3 of concrete in each pilecap led the engineers to plan workability of the site situation.
- It should be kept in mind that.
- The cold weather does not permit to work upto late hours in the evening. Hence, it was agreed upon to provide day joint at suitable position and to complete the work thereafter.
- Accordingly, It is proposed to provide slightly inclined stopper in form of wooden strips to be accommodated between the rebars. This arrangement will allow planned quantity of work during day time in full depth as it would mainly retain the heat of the concrete evolved during the chemical reaction.
- The workable position of day joint could be between 1/3 and ¼ span where there are no extra re-bars.
- Apply bonding agent in the joint
- Before the next pour all loose material at joint shall be cleaned and green cut shall be made.
Steps to pour concrete in Pile Cap
12+ Important Points to pour concrete in cold weather
Hurry Up !!! - Just join the 10k+ fans of ours on Facebook and get real updates Iamcivilengineer