The location of an airport will be influenced by the following factors
1. Type of development of the surrounding area
2. Atmospheric conditions
3. Accessibility to ground transport
4. Availability of land for expansion
5. Presence of other airports in the general area
6. Surrounding obstructions
7. Economy of construction
8. Availability of utilities
9. Proximity to aeronautical demand
10. Environmental considerations
1) Type of development of the surrounding area
Proximity to residential areas and schools should be avoided whenever possible. An airport is essential to a community’s transport complex; yet it is an integral part of the community. Hence it is subject to the same principles and policies that govern other elements of a community plan and must be coordinated with existing as well as planned features. It is desirable to provide a buffer zone between the runways, taxiways, apron, etc; and the boundaries of the airport property, in order that nuisance created by activities of the airport be at least partially attenuated.
Noise is an extremely important factor where jet aircraft operations are anticipated. Since the introduction of jet aircraft, adverse community reaction to noise has grown rapidly. In several large urban areas, the FAA has prescribed specific flight patterns for aircraft arriving and departuring from the airport.
Regulations on a national scale have also been formulated. Aircraft and engine manufacturers are well aware of this problem, and every effort is being made to reduce noise consistent with the operating economics and safety of the aircraft.
2) Atmospheric conditions
3) Accessibility to Ground Transport
Surveys that have been made of ground transport to the airport indicate that in the united state the majority of passengers, visitors and airport and airline employees travel by private automobiles. Indications are that this trend will continue in the future. Origin and destinations of travelers to and from the airport are widely important.
4) Availability of Land fro Expansion
5) Presence Of Other Airport In The General Area
6) Surrounding Obstructions
7) Economy of Construction
8) Availability of Utilities
9) Proximity to Aeronautical Demand
10) Environmental Consideration
• Significant noise impact of aircraft over-flights of residential areas.
• Longer distance vehicular engine exhausts
• Dwelling requiring relocation
• Acres removed from grazing
Keywords for Airport Lightning
- airport planning and design
airport planning and design ppt
airport planning ppt
airport planning manual part 1
airport planning and design book download
airport planning and design pdf
airport planning and design by khanna
airport planning and design by khanna pdf
Hurry Up !!! - Just join the 10k+ fans of ours on Facebook and get real updates Iamcivilengineer